A program specialized in building the participants capabilities in supporting the four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) for children in the early grades. The program will prepare the participants to raise their students’ reading readiness and provide support for those who struggle by employing story as an entry point that contributes to integrating the four skills and engaging children in learning the language. The program works to build the capacities of assistant teachers in basic language skills and components, and the latest teaching strategies, and builds their capabilities in dealing with different groups and characteristics of children. It will also support them by equipping them with the knowledge and skills of designing teaching aids from the resources available in the environment to enhance students' teaching of language skills.
The program aims to build the capacity of assistant teachers in:
- Basic language components and skills.
- Employing stories to enhance the Arabic language skills of children in the early grades.
- Strategies and techniques for teaching Arabic language skills to children.
- Designing educational tools and means from the available resources to enhance the teaching of Arabic language skills.
- Apply strategies and techniques that meet all students’ needs.
The program includes three main modules:
- Module 1: Oral skills (listening and speaking), and basic skills in the reading components of the Arabic language (phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and writing)
- Module 2: Oral skills (listening and speaking), and intermediate skills in the components of the Arabic language (phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and writing)
- Module 3: Oral skills (listening and speaking), and advanced skills in the components of reading, reading comprehension and creative writing.
Early Grades Teachers (KG- Grade 3)
The course is delivered in three different models:
- Face-to-face Training: each program module is delivered in two training days.
- Online Training: the program is delivered virtually in a customized duration and format that is agreed upon with the clients.
- Blended Training: training is delivered in a combination of face-to-face and virtual training where assignments and assessment will be carried out virtually.
The performance of the participants in the program is evaluated based on criteria prepared for the program, and specialized descriptive observation form. It is implemented as follows:
- Two support visits for each participant.
- An assessment visit.
- Portfolio which includes (4 Lesson plan, 1 semester plan, participation in Professional Learning Communities).